Tuesday 11 March 2014

Personal Experience Writing

We are learning to:   Use a Red Thinking Hat idea to begin our stories.


Joni's story uses a variety of interesting language features including Red Thinking Hat idea to begin:

I felt like a dog that couldn't swim last week during the Aquathlon.  "On your marks, Get set, Go!"  Zoom!  Off we went like a rocket zooming off into space.  I felt the wind on my face.  I was in lead!  But when I heaved myself into the water I started to panic.  My eyes bulged like two balls popping.  I felt like stone.  I had to keep going.  I couldn't stop.  It would be too embarrassing.  I hoisted myself up out of the water and ran into the scorching sun.  I ran round the field twice.  When I stopped I was so puffed that I just about couldn't breathe.  Then it was time to call out the names and GUESS WHAT?!  I came third!  I had a fabulous day!


Here are some of our story beginnings.  Do they make you want to read more?

I felt nervous when I was at the front of the line of the waterslide but I gave it a go. Kylie


Every day feels exciting because I am getting two guinea pigs for me and Jamie.
Alice

When I hopped off the water slide I felt dizzy.
Kobie

Icy cold water.  Oh no!  It's my turn on the water slide.  I felt like a frog going down the water slide.
Thom

It felt easy when I ran but when I hopped in the pool I felt like an ice cube.
Scarlett

When I went on the water slide I felt frightened because it was so so bumpy.
Coco

I felt petrified on the water slide as I zoomed down because it was a long way down.
Jack

I felt cold at the Aquathlon because I had no t-shirt on.  My brain was hurting because it was moving in my head.  I was exhausted.
Nic

Our Aquathlon was legendary because it was easy.
Dannii

When we arrived at the Aquathlon I felt nervous because it was a really hot day and I thought that I could not do it.
Amy

What a bunch of talented writers!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.